Indianapolis Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Were You Injured While in an Uber or Lyft?
When you have sustained an injury in an accident while using or driving for a ride-sharing service such as Lyft or Uber, your personal injury case may be more complex. Complications arise when you have to prove who is at fault and which insurance company will have to pay compensation. Consult a personal injury lawyer to help guide you through the legal process.
Hovde Dassow + Deets consists of experienced Indiana Uber & Lyft accident attorneys who have been practicing law for more than five decades. We provide our clients with one-on-one legal guidance on their cases from beginning to end. We are confident that we can help you with your ride-sharing personal injury case.
You deserve compensation for your injuries. Call our rideshare accident attorneys in Indianapolis at (317) 576-3241 today to learn more about your options.
Why You Need a Rideshare Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, it's important to have an experienced attorney on your side. Rideshare accidents can be complicated and determining liability can be difficult. Our Indianapolis rideshare accident lawyers have the knowledge and experience to navigate the legal complexities of these types of accidents.
Here are some reasons why you need a rideshare accident lawyer in Indiana:
- Insurance companies may try to minimize your compensation. Our attorneys will work hard to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Liability can be difficult to determine in rideshare accidents. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case to determine who is at fault.
- Rideshare companies have their own insurance policies and may have different liability rules than traditional car accidents. Our attorneys are well-versed in these policies and rules.
- Our attorneys will handle all communication with the rideshare company and insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery.
Don't navigate the complexities of a rideshare accident on your own. Contact our experienced Indianapolis rideshare accident attorneys in Indianapolis today to schedule a free consultation.
Who Will Be Held Liable in My Ride-Sharing Accident?
In all personal injury cases, the party filing the claim must prove that the other party was at fault. You will want a lawyer to investigate and help prove that the other party should be held responsible for your injuries.
Ride-sharing companies typically require their contracted drivers to have personal car insurance. Personal car insurance must meet or exceed the minimum insurance requirement for Indiana motorists. If their personal insurer or their plan does not provide coverage for ride-sharing-related accidents, then the ride-sharing company’s insurance may be held liable.
Uber and Lyft provide their contracted drivers with liability insurance coverage that varies depending on the driver’s circumstances:
- If the driver is not logged into the app then no coverage will be provided by either Uber or Lyft.
- If the driver logged into the app but has not officially accepted the ride request, Uber or Lyft will provide them with liability coverage. Coverage is extended if the driver is at-fault for the accident. The coverage consists of up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 total liability per accident in addition to $25,000 for property damage.
- If the driver is logged into the app, has accepted the ride, and is at fault for the accident, then Uber or Lyft will provide liability coverage of up to $1 million.
Consult with the experienced Indianapolis rideshare accident lawyers at Hovde Dassow + Deets to seek full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Common Injuries in Rideshare Accidents
Being involved in a rideshare accident can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which may have long-lasting effects on your physical and emotional well-being. At Hovde Dassow + Deets, our experienced Indianapolis Uber & Lyft accident attorneys understand the unique challenges that victims face after such accidents and are dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you deserve.
Some common injuries that can occur in rideshare accidents include:
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal injuries
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Emotional distress and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
It is important to seek immediate medical attention after a rideshare accident, even if you do not initially feel any pain or notice any visible injuries. Some injuries may have delayed symptoms, and a medical professional can properly diagnose and document your injuries, which can be crucial for your personal injury claim.
Our team of skilled attorneys will work tirelessly to gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and build a strong case on your behalf. We understand the complexities of rideshare accident cases and will fight for your rights to maximize your compensation.
Words can not express how exceptional Rick Hovde and Kelly Faulk are in the Field of Medical Malpractice- Bob D
You can tell we're just not a client but a family that they care about.- Steve H.
The best thing about working with Hovde Dassow + Deets was Nick's professionalism & knowledge.- Sarah S.
Our family very much appreciates the services we received from Nick Deets & his staff.- Teresa S.
Very professional, honest, upfront all throughout the case.- John H.